Our Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives
To contribute to the breaking of the cycle of poverty and dependence through positive action on the lives of youth, communities and the environment by utilising the spirit and participation of sport irrespective of socio-political considerations.
Cricket4kids serves as a conduit between Australian sporting teams, schools, communities, individuals and vulnerable communities around the world by collecting, transporting and distributing cricket equipment.
Cricket4kids aims to provide an increased sense of childhood enjoyment and psycho-social and physical well being through the participation in sport. Our organisation helps empower local in-country communities to be active partners in the distribution and evaluation of the equipment.
We create opportunties to widened the spirit of ‘community’ within Australian clubs, schools, individuals and businesses in Australia through their participation in Cricket4Kids' work.
Community, Connectedness, Participation, Equality, Sustainability
- To distribute sporting equipment to schools/programs in less privileged communities within Australia and overseas.
- To contribute to the physiological, social and pyschological wellbeing of youth within vulnerable communities through the spirit and participation of sport.
- To develop participation of local communities in our work through diaologue of appropriate equipment needs and collaboration and partnership with local in-country businesses.
- To encourage ongoing involvement in Cricket4Kids' initiative through evaluation of equipment needs and sporting programs.
- Develop accountability in the recipient communities to the donors for the equipment requested, received and used.
- To be effective in the organisation's collection and distribution of equipment
- To widen the spirit of 'community' in sport in Australian clubs, teams and individuals.
- To connect Australian local, regional and national communities with global communities through sport irrespective of environmental, political or economic differences.
- To have cricket associations, schools and individuals across Australia utilise the collection points around the capital cities.
- Encourage an approach of environmental sustainability in individuals and organisations through the recycling of equipment.
Sponsors and Partners
- Create opportunities for Australian businesses that reflect the values of Cricket4Kids to participate in the Cricket4Kids initiative.
- To keep sponsors and partners informed of equipment collection and distribution.
- To build stronger mutually beneficial relationships with Australian and international businesses.
- To increase ambassadorship and sponsorship throughout 2013/14.
- Generate financial security through sponsorship thereby allocating time and energies to equipment collection.